Timothy Crespi, MA, CADC
Timothy Crespi has been working as a counselor since 2006 and in helping professions in a variety of settings for over ten years. He’s also worked as a wilderness guide in the mountains of Colorado, and in the desert of Utah.
He graduated from Naropa University with a Masters degree in Transpersonal Counseling Psychology. Major coursework included human development, existential/humanistic psychotherapy, Gestalt and body-centered psychotherapy, transpersonal psychotherapy, alcohol and drug counseling, marriage and couples therapy, family therapy, and group counseling.
Timothy also trained in addictions counseling, including the evidence-based practices of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Motivational Interviewing. He holds a certificate in Applied Existential Psychology.
In his personal life, Timothy enjoys activities that stimulate the mind, body, and spirit. These include traveling, hiking, wilderness backpacking, meditating, playing music (guitar, drums, shakuhachi flute), running, practicing yoga, and playing basketball to name a few.
Grossenbacher, P.G., & Crespi, T.J. Meditation, Contemplative Spirituality, and Brain Science. In Body and Mind: Science and Spirituality Perspectives, S. Hongladarom (Ed.).
Below is a list of some of the degrees Timothy has earned and certificate programs he has completed:
- Master’s Degree (MA) Transpersonal Psychology: Naropa University, Boulder, CO
- Applied Existential Psychology (AEP) Certificate, Boulder Psychotherapy Institute, Boulder, CO
- Gestalt Psychotherapy Training, Naropa University, Boulder, CO, Gestalt Therapy Training Center NorthWest, Portland, OR, Boulder Psychotherapy Institute, Boulder, CO
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor I (CADC I), The Addiction Counselor Board of Oregon
- Certified Addictions Counselor I (CAC I), Odyssey Training Center, Denver, CO
- Motivational Interviewing Certificate, Naropa University, Boulder, CO
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Certification, Wilderness Medicine Institute, Boulder, CO